The College of Science is proud of 16 science majors who are not only a member of an OSU athletics team, but were recently recognized for their stellar achievement at the annual Oregon State Athletics Academic Achievement Dinner on April 24. Maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA is no small feat given that student athletes juggle practice and competition with studying and classes.
Brad Vomocil, a sophomore mathematics major, navy officer and Corvallis native, was singled out for his outstanding 4.0 GPA. Currently, a member of the men's rowing team, Brad served six years in the U.S. Navy before starting college and plans to continue serving as an officer upon graduation. He is also a third generation Beaver: His grandfather, James Vomocil, is an emeritus professor in crop and soil science. (Pictured in the middle above).
Congratulations to all of science student-athletes who have put in countless hours training and traveling to games while still successfully tackling a rigorous course of study in science. Go Beavs!
- Anna Peterson – Women’s Rowing, Junior, BioHeath Sciences Pre-PA
- Zach Fried – Men’s Rowing, Sophomore, Chemistry Pre-Med
- Brad Vomocil – Men’s Rowing, Senior, Mathematics
- Timmy Mueller – Men’s Soccer, Junior, BioHealth Sciences Pre-Med
- Lihani du Plessis – Women’s Rowing, Senior, BioHealth Science Pre-Med
- Joely Hannan – Women’s Rowing, Senior, Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Diana Oppenheimer – Women’s Rowing, Junior, Biology
- Mariana Colussi-Pelaez – Gymnastics, Sophomore, Biology Pre-Med
- Alysha Everett – Softball, Junior, BioHealth Sciences Pre-Pharm
- Annabella Geist – Women’s Soccer, Senior, Biology Pre-Med
- Chelsea Chan – Women’s Swimming, Senior, Biology Pre-Med
- Taylor Frank – Women’s Swimming, Senior, BioHealth Sciences Pre-PA
- Lauren Hunter – Women’s Swimming, Junior, BioHealth Sciences, Pre-PA
- Emma Osowski – Women’s Swimming, Junior, Biology, Pre-Med
- Kindel Bailey – Women’s Track and Field, Sophomore, Microbiology, Pre-Med
- Madison Gravley – Volleyball, Junior, Biology Pre-Med