- CORE VALUES
- UPCOMING EVENTS
The BioHealth Sciences (BHS) major serves over 700 students, and is designed for students seeking an interdisciplinary background in the life sciences, health care, and social sciences. This major consists of a comprehensive core with a strong biological and physical science foundation combined with a variety of health and social sciences courses in a unique blend formulated to meet the needs of students interested in a career in the health care field. BioHealth Sciences majors receive excellent training for a variety of professional programs including: dentistry, physician assistants, pharmacists, physical therapists, optometrists, podiatrists, doctors, and clinical laboratory scientists. Training on cultural competence and cross-cultural issues prepares our future healthcare providers on how to provide inclusive support and care for their communities in a nation that continues to experience the growth of diversity.
1. Core Competencies: Graduates will demonstrate competency in the core scientific foundations of modern health care;
2. Communication: Graduates will communicate professionally both verbally and in writing;
3. Experiential Learning: Graduates will demonstrate practical, organizational and professional skills, personal responsibility and critical thinking relevant to their career aspirations;
4. Career Preparation: Graduates will demonstrate completion of prerequisite course requirements for application to health professions programs;
5. Cultural Competency: Graduates will recognize, evaluate, and respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse demographic population.