We aim to expertly train a diverse group of students so that they will have the necessary tools to succeed and become leaders in industry, research institutes, government agencies, and academia through the following elements:
- Provide a compelling and relevant Microbiology curriculum that will train students at a high standard of scientific literacy and impart appropriate skill sets.
- Provide exposure to a diverse scientific community where there are increased and equalized opportunities for under-represented minorities and for students with diverse life experiences.
- Provide personalized mentoring that provides the necessary support for students to develop progress to timely completion of their Masters and PhD degrees.
- Provide facilities and resources commensurate with a top tier research university that will allow students to gain valuable skills and compelling learning experiences.
- Develop alternative avenues for graduate education to provide opportunities for a diverse student population.